Thursday, August 21, 2008

Recovery and Classes

Last spring I developed some serious perneal tendon issues in my ankles. Caused by falling down my driveway the previous August and not realizing that I had done major trauma to my feet - I continued dancing and performing. Bad Me!

So last April I was put into a cast and ordered not to dance - HA! I was in the middle of recital rehearsals for two schools and had to finish out the beginner sessions. Thanks to help from some really good friends, I managed to make it through all that. I was released from the cast in June and spent July trying to build some dance strength.

Classes started back at the beginning of this month. Two hours on Monday nights, 1 hour on Tuesdays, and 2 hours of intermediate and advanced class on Thursdays. Lots of dancing and that doesn't include my personal practice time, rehearsal time for performances and private lessons! I'm feeling the time off! My ankles and tendons are feeling the time off!!!

Thanks to some wonderful alternative healers - massage therapy and reiki, I'm making it through, but oh my aching feet! ;) Oh yeah and this great topical anti-inflamatory cream that my orthepedist ordered for me - great stuff!

I'm sure this will all get better as long as I take care of myself. The classes are going really well and I used my down time to revamp some thoughts on teaching and restructed my classes. I tend to do this every few years anyway, but I like the revamp. I hope the student's do as well!

Now ... back to work on rebuilding those ankles!

No comments: