Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Computer Crash

Well, I've done it again and killed yet another innocent machine! Electronics and I do not get along. I have a computer geek friend who swears I should work on them from behind a lead shield.

So I did it again and killed my desktop. I'm now the proud owner of my first laptop! However,at the moment, I've lost ALL my data. :( I'm in negotiations with the manufacturer of my hard drive to attempt a data recovery, but it looks grim. Of course, I don't have a recent backup - don't yell at me! I hated burning tons of Cd's and didn't own a zip or a portable hard drive to do backups on. I do now and this will not happen again!

However, that still leaves me to rebuild everything. I've lost at least 3 years of photos, some I've got stashed but many may be gone forever. I think I've got most of my text files, but there is a whole folder of JSTOR articles that is gone and those puppies are hard to come by!

So no belly dance news right now - I'll get back to the history post soon. Wish me luck and send me some good vibes! I need them!

No comments: