Tuesday, September 2, 2008

DragonCon Review

Well, Labor Day weekend is over and I've survived another Dragoncon! It was a whirlwind and very fun! My recovering feet managed to make it through the weekend without too much trouble and I saw tons of great costumes.

Steampunk was all the rage! My son and some friends did a steampunk night of costuming and had a great time. Some of the steampunk was amazing with glowing bits and pieces and elaborate copper fittings! Really enjoyed them this year.

There was a great Dr. Octopus from Spiderman who looked really good. And I even say an Almighty Isis! It was really odd since some friends and I had been talking about that Saturday morning show not long ago. Blast from the past!

As usual, I was too busy people watching and shopping to attend many panels. I did make it to the SG1 Costume contest and that was fun! Saw a really great Knox! She was very shy and was just perfect. I walked through the Walk of Fame, but there weren't a lot of celebrities that I wanted to see this year and autographs have gone up to $30.00! Good Grief!

Made a few purchases and saw some of the drum circle. I didn't make it to the Dance Expo since I was feeling under the weather at that point. :( I was really bummed about missing that!

I did make my yearly Dragonwriters Meeting and that was awesome! I make that a priority every year.

The highlight was getting my picture taken with one of the alien muppets from Sesame Street. You remember the ones that go yip-yip-yip and imitate the phone ringing! He was just really cool!

Today is recovery day and then tomorrow it's back to dance classes and regular life!

No comments: